Pinto Potts Blog
The dedicated team of solicitors at Pinto Potts LLP are here to help you if you have an accident which results in an injury. Our main priority is to make sure you keep safe and that’s why we’ve come up with tips to avoid a cycling accident.
1) The bike – Make sure you own a bike that’s the appropriate size for you and always wear a bike helmet. If the worst case happens and you are involved in an accident then your head will be protected.
2) Act like other motorists – When riding a bike on the road, obey and follow all of the same rules that other motorists have to, e.g. stop at red lights, don’t weave on and off pavements and through traffic.
3) Distractions – A majority of accidents we hear of are when the rider has become distracted, never get complacent when riding your bike.
4) Surroundings – Avoid listening to music players when riding your bike, you need to be fully aware of your surroundings when biking to listen out for cars that may be approaching.
5) Confidence – Be confident when riding your bike (not complacent), when signalling make sure you make a positive arm action which everyone can see.
We hope you find this information helpful for when you are cycling and if you follow the above advice then you will dramatically reduce the likelihood of an accident occurring.
If you, unfortunately do become the victim of an accident then please feel free to contact us on 0800 316 4434.